Friday, 14 December 2012

I'm Officially Published!

Hi! This is big news, for me at least. I am published! Properly published, in a e-book, that you can buy and hold and read and read again. Aasdfghjkl. Scuse the excitement, but this is BIG (for me)

Let me explain. A few months ago, I found a short story competition organised by a nerdfighter, for nerdfighter (If that means nothing to you, I suggest you click this and do some research!) The theme was "An Act of Charity" and so, like any sane writer would do, I decided to enter, writing a short story called Blind Hope.

A few weeks ago, the results of the comp came out. I didn't win, but I was one of the fifteen writers chosen to be published in an anthology! Needless to say, I was bouncing around the place like a rabbit on drugs. Twas fun ^-^ And, as of Wednesday, the book was published for you to buy online/on your kindle. Yey!


The anthology costs $2.99 and it's filled with awesome, creative, funny, beautiful (I'm running out of adjectives to describe the amazingness) stories. And the best part is, every cent raised goes to charity!

If you want to buy it click here or here! I'll be posting my story up here later, but I doubt the other authors will do that ^-^


8 comments:

Katherine Rae said...

Congratulations! That is so cool that it's for charity and everything. Once I'm a published author (like with a novel or something) I plan on donating a percentage to charity.

Super excited for you! :)

Danielle said...

Awesome! Congratulations. :)

Rose said...

ASDFGHJKL!!!! ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPZXCVVBBMNSKDGJFKAJEGFQUEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

That's amazing! Congrats! :D

Oh, and BY THE WAY - I nominated you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I doubt you accept awards here but if so: http://eklobb.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

July A. Emmance said...

Congratulations!!!!! I wish I could buy it but I don't have an e-reader, or any of those other cool contraptions.... Otherwise I totally would!

July A. Emmance said...

I nominated your blog for an award.... here's the link
http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/2012/12/what-adorable-blog-award.html
Congrats!
July

Jessica said...

Congrats! In other amazingness...
I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger award!
http://writtenpaintings.blogspot.ca/2012/12/in-which-i-receive-two-magnificent.html
be sure to come check it out!

Anonymous said...

SPLAT! KABOOM! OTHER ASSORTED NOISES! You've just been snowballed! Welcome to the blogger snowball fight of the year! Here's how it works.

Step 1: Share three random facts about yourself.
Step 2: ANONYMOUSLY snowball at least 2 of your favorite blogs. If you get snowballed again, you may NOT snowball a blog you have previously snowballed, unless you are all out of blogs. Have fun!