Thursday, 30 August 2012

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!

Hey! This post (and poem) are dedicated to my friend Ermentrude who turned 15 today. That's not her real name, but it was either that, or Brian. Anyway, for her birthday, I composed a poem for her, using names she gave me. Some of the names included Quack Quarrintile, Xenophilius Xylophone, I-mop Iguana and Norman Nott, so I'm quite proud of myself for fitting all of them!

Well, I say all of them, but there's one letter missing. Tell me what one, and you'll get a prize!

Anyway, happy birthday Ermentrude! Have a wonderful day :D

P.S. If you like Sherlock, I've written two fanfictions that you can read by clicking here and here :) If you do read them, enjoy!

Alphabet Town

There was a village, known everywhere,
For its inhabitants, who had but a care,
The reason? They all had hilarious names!
Let’s get started and stroll through the Alphabet’s lanes

Alice Anderson was the mayor’s daughter,
Who was best friends with Olivia Otter,
Her cousin had an unfortunate name,
Zamana Zelstingston had his parents to blame.

The mayor himself was called Jeffery Jefferson,
And he was married to Effie Efferson,
They had two daughters, one already noted,
The other was Venus on which they both doted

Venus scared other children, her eyes were pitch black,
They all ran away, but not Xeno and Quack,
Quack was a duck, purple and fat,
While Xeno was a boy, blind as a bat

Xeno’s big brother, one Marcus Macey,
Went to the dance with a girl called Stacy,
It was found, long after she’d gone,
That ‘she’ was a boy called Wolf Willingtong

He had a girlfriend called Francis Frogle
Who loved herself, for hours he’d ogle
At herself in the mirror, at school, round the back,
Where she was spied on by Yamuc, first name, Yak

Yak was related by marriage to,
The youngest in the town, little Lulu,
She was a baby, with barely a notion,
Of Mummy’s profession - she brewed magic potions

They called her a witch, but Ursula thought,
She was a nice kind of person, friends with I-mop and Nott,
They thought her good, they thought her happy,
Until she met Rudolfton Rappy

Rudolfton was evil, he just kept sinking down,
Down with his henchmen, stupid Bobby Brown,
Bobby was frightful, eyes deep as a lake,
Brother of Severus, Severus Snake

Snake was scarily fast, he was scarily quick,
Just as slick as his cousin  Sir Kalvin Kick,
Who murdered both Charlie, his wife and son
And who shot Gary dead with a gun

Gary was mourned by his sister-in-law
Henrietta Hannah, sister of Travis McTaw,
Who was the second cousin of Penny Pancake,
Who was the niece of Severus Snake

And that is that, finished and done
Everyone in the town, counted one after one
One’s person’s missing, can you guess who it is?
If not, I’m sorry - it’s just my little quiz.





8 comments:

Emily said...

DORINDA DEDILLINGTON! ~grins like an idiot~ haha I've only met...Ermentrude...once but those sound like the kind of name's she'd come up with :L :L

Cat said...

Hehe...Ermentrude XD I can just imagine her coming up with those names. She showed me this poem yesterday but I had to read it again. ^_^ xx

July A. Emmance said...

That is an amazing poem Jenni! I LOVED it! I'm sure your friend Ermentrude (I do hope I spelled that right...) loved it too! I could never write anything like that. I'm a new follower BTW! Will you follow me back at http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

July A. Emmance said...

That is an amazing poem Jenni! I LOVED it! I'm sure your friend Ermentrude (I do hope I spelled that right...) loved it too! I could never write anything like that. I'm a new follower BTW! Will you follow me back at http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

I love it! Some wrong words, a couple of duck-out rhymes, but who can blame you? Bloody hell, that looked difficult. I couldn't have done it!

Jess said...

Is is D?

Domestic Sweetheart said...

i heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

Rose said...

Oh, and *long sigh* yes, there is something i have *sigh* forgotten *reluctant stare*. I'll go and do it now. *sneaks off to play Sims* HEY, YOU UNINSTALLED MY SIM- Oh! Heh, heh. I mean, uhh, the stories are GREAT! Heh, heh. *sulkily reads them all*