Monday, 2 July 2012

Ich Bin Ein Binliner - My Wonderful Trip to Germany!

Hello, hello, hallo :D I'm back! As I said in my last post, I went away with the school band to Germany for a week to play concerts and sightsee and such. I got back on Friday (I slept for 18 hours after I got back) and since then I've been uploading buckets of photos to Facebook. And, seeing as you people are lovely and want to know how these things went - I hope you care anyway - I'm going to share some with you! Yey!

Day 1 - Friberg and Titisee


Day 1 of our trip was a Monday, twelve hours after we got off the bus that had carried us the twenty four hour trip from Scotland to Germany. Our legs were sore, our brains were mushed and we were all living zombies. WE WERE DEAD. And yet, we somehow managed to get up at 7:00, shove breakfast down our throats and go back on the bus to go to the beautiful city of Friberg:

There was a market on :D
Our concert poster
Burger Cow ^.^
Cuckoo Clocks

Day 2 - Extremely Boring Museum and Triberg

On the second day, we somehow managed to get up at 6:00 and get on the bus to go a very boring open air museum. For those of you who don't know, an open air museum is a model village of a rural town complete with houses and barns and water mills etc. Sounds interesting? It isn't. There were some pretty houses and a photogenic goat though. Also, cake.

Look! Another pretty house!

Black Forest gateau. You jelly*?

Waiting....waiting....
Photogenic goat doing his/her signature pose ^.^
A cowbell
After boring trip, we got back on the bus and made out way to Triberg, a waterfall surrounded by the most picturesque town you've ever seen. However, the town was on a hill which presented us with some problems - a) we had to carry 68 chairs up and down a very steep slope and b) I play the the tuba, which is a heavy instrument. I was sitting on a slope. I was sitting on a chair that folded backwards. Let's just say I nearly had my skull crushed by said tuba multiple times.

After an amazing concert in the middle of the street we walked to the waterfall and everyone got their picture taken. Here is the Grange and Loudon Wind Band in all their glory:



Then we got stuck in a German traffic jam and we all went mental. We sang all of our band pieces and people starting playing their flutes. We burst into spontaneous song quite a lot :D

*jelly - jealous

Day 3 - Europa Park and Badpeterstal

Day 3 was out last full day in Germany and so everyone was crazy hyper. We went to a theme park that thankfully was a five minute walk from our hotel. It was big. I mean really big. Like, get-yourself-lost-in-a-matter-of-seconds big. It was HUGE. There were water rides and huge rollercoasters and little baby rides. I'd like to say I went on all the rollercoasters, but I'm scared of heights, so most of them were off limits to me xD There was this massive water ride called Posidon that my friends went on. Now, I didn't go on it and neither did some of my other friends. They did however, stand in the splash zone, and they got soaked. 





It was hilarious, although the people involved didn't think so. 


So after a great day at Europa, we went to our final concert. Only five people turned up to watch us play, but it didn't matter. We were all hyper and sad and happy at the same time. It was a great day and afterwards we went to Burger King. At 11 o'clock at night. It was fun. 



And then, becuase life is rubbish, we had to get back on the bus and drive back to Scotland. the air conditioning broke in France so the temperature soared to 43 degrees Celsius. Everyone was tired, everyone was warm, everyone was zombie-like. And then we got home, and here I am, telling you all about my trip. Voila.

I'd like to say that it was painful having to choose only these pics from the thousand of albums that were available to choose from. I could have posted thousands for each day, but I didn't. I hope you enjoyed it though :D And sorry for the bad layout - my computer disagrees with blogspot and photos.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Great to have you back though, I've missed your posts! ^__^

Jessica said...

It's funny, I'm actually going to Germany in two days. Any recommendations? :)

Caroline said...

Germany sounds awesome! I hope one day i'll get to go there.