Monday, 27 February 2012

2012 - Year of the Books

Hi! No story today, because *don't eat me* I have stopped writing for a few days.

Now, before you rip me to shreds, let me explain. For the past 5 months or so, I have came in from school, went on my laptop and written short stories and my book for 4 hours. Every, single day I have done that, averaging at about 800 - 1000 words a night. Along with editing and blogging and stuff, I do any awful lot of writing, which means I sit down a lot, stare at a blank screen a lot, and read a lot of my stories a lot. I also have no life outside writing. And on Friday night, it got slightly too much, and I kinda broke down and sat wallowing in my own "I'm such a bad writer" attitude. In an attempt to combat that, I'm not going to write for a while.

So, on another note, I have a lot of books to read. A LOT of books to read, and most of them are classics. Here's my list:

I have about 100 pages left to go of this :D
Needs no description....


















And now, for the classics....
                                                                                                                           
 N.B. The Hound of the Baskervilles is there because I've already read the first two Sherlock Holmes novel (which are brilliant by the way) and I want to read the third. Pride and Prejudice is there because it was recommended by a friend...not because I like romance. There are a thousand others I could mention, but you'd get bored with my ramblings, so let's leave it at that :)

So, that's my reading list. Should take me up until the Easter holiday :P

3 comments:

Cat@LifeThroughACat'sEyes said...

I've heard of the first book but have never read it, is it good? :/ As for TFIOS: OMG so happy you're going to read it! >_<

It's quite funny because I also want to read alot of classics in the near future, and you've mentioned alot of them. :L

Caroline said...

Are the classics good because I have to read one for school.

Jessica said...

Thank you for following my blog!
Though I must say; you write much more than me -.- I never feel like I have time.
Keep up the awesome writing!