Saturday, 9 July 2011

Old, forgotten dirt :)

Hiya! I'm back from my mini-holiday in Loch Ken! I finally got my RYA1 (Royal Yacht Association Stage 1) despite that fact I can't tack or gybe or move the boat in any way :P I also went kayaking with Becca and Mum. We got completely soaked but it was great fun! I can't wait to go back to Loch ken and I hope that it's going to become a yearly thing :)
This is an exercise from a book called Juicy Writing. You had to write a poem beginning with "When I'm" and continue it to 24. It was quite fun to do, even if I can't write poetry :P I hope you enjoy it!

Old, forgotten dirt.

When I’m 14, I’ll get some dirt on my knees and write until my arms fall off.
When I’m 15, I’ll wish I was in University with a boyfriend and a degree.
When I’m 16, I’ll try poetry again.
When I’m 17, I’ll eat two peas instead of one.
When I’m 18, I’ll publish a book filled with blood, sweat and tears.
When I’m 19, I’ll learn to like coffee.
When I’m 20, I’ll laugh louder than all my friends.
When I’m 21, I’ll remember the good times (Moniack) and vow to make more of them – the bigger the better.
When I’m 22, I’ll go crazy and be the person I really am.
When I’m 23, I’ll wonder what it was like to be 13.
When I’m 24, I’ll be different, new and wise – but I’ll never wash the old, forgotten dirt off my knees.

I know it's atrociously bad but what did you think?? Little competition for everyone - post your own "When I'm" poem as a comment or on your own blog and the one I like best will win an award! It can be funny or sad...but try and make it as unique as possible!
See ya later, alligators xx :P

1 comment:

Rose said...

ohh i love your poem! O: thats not to make you feel better or anything, its actually REALLY amazing! im gonna post one now :D in a while crocodile ;)