Thursday, 2 June 2011

The Colour of Fear...o_O

Hi! I'm so excited! I'm going into 3rd year on Monday! I can't believe that S1 and S2 went so fast...
Anyway, my brain wasn't really working today so I decided to just post one of the poems that I wrote at Moniack Mhor. Those of you who know me, will be aware of the fact that I can't write poems! They always sound so childish and rubbish :( But something magical happened when I was at Moniack...I wrote 2 good poems! So here's one that I wrote after a workshop with one of the tutors - Gerry Cambridge. I hope you enjoy it but keep in mind that I can't write poetry!

The Colour of Fear

Is it green?
The colour of dragon's scales
And revenge that we have seen?

Is it blue?
For the sea, for drowning
For light fading from view

Is it red?
The colour of blood, gore
Of monsters under the bed

Maybe its white?
Blinding, sore on the eyes
Of a frightening new life

The obvious choice
Is black, darkness, the end
Fear of a silent voice

But, fear could be
Empty, blank and blind
For that is what scares me...

I hope you liked it! I know its really short but....By the way, I didn't win my brass competition...oh well :)
I'll see you on Sunday :D

3 comments:

Cat :D said...

I love this poem, especially when you read it out in english! :D You so can write poetry!!

Rose said...

um-huuuh u can too write poetry! u just did! (well, okay, u wrote it weeks ago in Moniack Moo buuut...) cant wait to read more Jenni Herd poems ;) xxx

♥Strawberry Cait Sundae♥ said...

What on earth are you talking about? That's brilliant!
x