Thursday, 19 May 2011

My name is Anybody...

Hi! Decided to do a story today :) This one's pretty random and I got the idea from a book called Juicy Writing in which, one of the exercises asks you to write a story about something feeling like old velvet. This is what came out of that :P Enjoy!
P.S - Be warned! Random overload!!

My name is Anybody.....

My name is Anybody and I live on the edge of Nowhere. Everything here is white and sparkling, even the neon purple flamingos that dip their yellow furry beaks into the large, non-existent lake. They stare at me with small beady eyes and whisper, “Sir, Sir....” before roaring meekly and diving into the watery air. I touched one, my eyes wide and smiling. It felt like old velvet soaked with oil and rainbow sunshine, and it smelled like rotten peanut butter and old lemon peels. Its feathers glimmered in the yellow rays of the moon, reflecting a vision of me onto its pink and purple orange feathers. It looked at me and said “Sir...are you ok?” before vanishing into a cloud of sulphuric smoke.

A giggle from the shadows plummeted my world into an ever changing kalidescope of colour. Yellow, orange, rainbow, burple! It was all there, swirling and spiralling through the abyss. I laughed and cried, my awe pouring out of me in a cascading waterfall. It was perfect.....my own perfect world and I was standing right in the middle of it! I began to laugh hysterically till tears began pouring down my cheeks and then I was crying, then laughing and crying then laughing then crying then -

A nervous twitch from the ceiling made me jump. It was a banana. It looked down at me with big red eyes before landing with a plop on the floor. I peered at it thoughtfully. It looked like a banana but it had eyes and a mouth and was quite obviously an apple. "Hello Mr Banana," I said, my eyes sliding in and out of focus. 
"Hello," it replied. It grinned, showing a row of coconut teeth and a watermelon tongue.
"What are you doing here?
 "I'mm heerree toooo hheeeellllllppppp yyyyyyouuuuuuuuuuu....." The banana slowed down and sped up, it voice becoming slurred and jumpy. It suddenly started jerking and starting. It was having a fit! I screamed and ran around looking for a nurse. Suddenly, the banana stopped moving and looked up at me, it's face a pale green colour speckled with electric blue freckles. I didn't know bananas had freckles. 
"Follow me," it said, it's voice suddenly low and rumbling like an earthquake or a kitten barking. I walked with it, which was weird because bananas can't walk. Oh well....

Magically, we arrived in a large rock cavern, which was littered with old mattresses and beer bottles. It smelt bad. I looked down at the banana. He had gone. Suddenly a large voice echoed through the cavern, " Sir, Sir? Can you hear me?" The world around me turned black. "Sir you've had an overdose of LSD...." The voice faded into the distance. I could hear a scrabbling at the walls and little high pitched squeaks of laughter. I panicked and screamed. The elves were coming to get me! They were feared, evil beings with a taste for my flesh. I screamed again. They were running towards me. They latched onto my clothes, ripping my jeans and tugging me so I fell over. 
"No!!!" I screamed.
"Sir, we're taking you to hospital"
The elves were carrying me now. I was on my back and I could feel the individual padded fingers of the elves pressing into my back. They were taking me....I was leaving my perfect world. I screamed again and then everything flashed white....

My name is Anybody and I live on the edge of Nowhere.....

3 comments:

Cat :D said...

Random :P And so awesome!! I loved the banana bit :)

Rose said...

omg! sooo incredibly random!!!!! xxx <3

♥Strawberry Cait Sundae♥ said...

Random and awesome! Love it though!